| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | AARON WOLOWIEC
DECEMBER 21, 2012 [Engagement] Adopting education strategy to jump-start member engagement
ET, I’ll have the pleasure of delivering a webinar titled, “Adopting Education Strategy to Jump-Start Member Engagement.” This session is presented by Young Association Professionals, Aggregage , Association Universe and Infinite Conferencing as part of The New World of Member Engagement Webinar Series. . In a nutshell, the interactive webinars help association professionals think differently to drive member engagement. Past presentations have included: “What Does Member Engagement Mean to You?” On Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013 – Did another year just pass us by?
| | AARON WOLOWIEC
AUGUST 7, 2012 [Engagement] Reimagine signature events to empower self-directed learners
Change your thinking about your next meeting, and gain strategies for engaging your conference attendees, resulting in more thoughtful, enthusiastic, and empowered learners and practitioners. Teacher Directed vs. Learner Directed. On Tuesday, Aug. 14, I’ll have the pleasure of presenting with leadership strategist Cynthia D’Amour at the ASAE Annual Meeting in Dallas. Louis. Um, what?
DECEMBER 3, 2013 | AARON WOLOWIEC
[Engagement] Celebrating two years
NOVEMBER 26, 2013 | AARON WOLOWIEC
[Engagement] Just two little words
NOVEMBER 19, 2013 | AARON WOLOWIEC
[Engagement] A Tuesday ‘thank you’
OCTOBER 15, 2013 | AARON WOLOWIEC
[Engagement] Internship Intel
OCTOBER 8, 2013 | AARON WOLOWIEC
[Engagement] Interns have rights too
SEPTEMBER 24, 2013 | AARON WOLOWIEC
[Engagement] To pay or not to pay?
| || || |
| | AARON WOLOWIEC
JULY 18, 2012 [Engagement] Curating conference content to promote member engagement
Nevertheless, these are the tangible deliverables that can and should be used to optimize existing engagement activities. Online communities could be formed and moderated to continue conference discussions long after the closing keynote session has ended, encouraging opportunities for further engagement and collaboration. Learning Meetings Social Media collaboration education engagement Event Garde Higher Logic Lauren Wolfe online communities recruitment resources retention social media webinarOn Thursday, July 26, at 2 p.m. You’ve not slept in days. Even I’m impressed.
| | AARON WOLOWIEC
NOVEMBER 19, 2013 [Engagement] A Tuesday ‘thank you’
How can you engage supporters in relevant and meaningful ways? One framework to help structure the partnership is the ladder of engagement. How can you offer a ladder of engagement for #GivingTuesday? 'Editor’s Note: As Thanksgiving approaches, we all start thinking about our blessings. So please drop me a quick note at Kristen@eventgarde.com ! GivingTuesday occurs on Dec.
| | AARON WOLOWIEC
OCTOBER 17, 2012 [Engagement] 25 instructional strategies guaranteed to refresh your signature programs
The number one question I’m asked by association staff, subject matter experts and the media has to do with innovative, engaging and creative instructional strategies. Participate in engaging, facilitated conversations that explore industry questions/issues that truly matter. Content is more detailed than what can typically be covered in a traditional 75-minute breakout session and engaging learning activities tend to necessitate the additional time. Participants are selected onsite and receive immediate feedback on how to make their story more engaging. Period.
| | AARON WOLOWIEC
AUGUST 20, 2013 [Engagement] Motown magic continues to attract business
In recent years, ASAE has engaged more than 1,000 attendees in community service projects in host cities. 'Detroit’s Cobo Center. m sure I can speak for my fellow Michiganders: We’ve watched with heartbreak as Detroit, once the most prosperous city in the country, has struggled to financially support its declining population. Ever since, that’s all the media seem to care about. Census.
| || || || |
AARON WOLOWIEC | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2012 [Engagement] Transforming your community into a collaborative learning environment
Finally, creating a collaborative learning environment requires the engagement of your community. When you are able to curate the right content and share it with the right constituents via the right communication channels, engagement soars. Filed under: Content Curation , Learning , Marketing Tagged: ASAE , blogs , brand , communication channels , community , constituents , content abundance , content experts , content treasurers , editorial calendar , engagement , Higher Logic , membership , peer networks , Super Forum , target audience , touch points , transformation. MORE >>
AARON WOLOWIEC | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2013 [Engagement] Interns have rights too
According to InternMatch, almost 48 percent of the internships in which the class of 2013 engaged were unpaid, as students seem to care more about building resumes than earning money. 'An info graphic by InternMatch, listing quick facts about intern compensation. After posting on Sept. 24 about unpaid vs. paid internships , I heard from the founder of InternMatch , an online platform that matches interns with employers. In September, InternMatch gained some attention by proposing the “ Intern Bill of Rights ,” which aims to set some common standards for intern employers. MORE >>
AARON WOLOWIEC | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2013 [Engagement] Internship Intel
Essentially, associations can engage a team of talent scouts who will steer some of the best students to consider the organization. To find interns, PCI advertises on local university websites and uses social media to engage. 'I continue to be amazed at the response from readers on the topic of internships. My colleague, Aaron Wolowiec , founder of Event Garde , posted on Collaborate , a private social network for members of the American Society of Association Executives , that I was looking for examples of successful internship programs. And examples I got. Lots of them. MORE >>
AARON WOLOWIEC | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2013 [Engagement] Mission possible: Finding and keeping volunteers
Like zombies, committee members engage in busy work instead of generating new ideas to further the mission of the organization. The most innovative association staff positions are volunteer services director, director of member engagement and volunteer coordinator – all of which allow someone to focus on this area.”. 'It’s the first board meeting of the year and the room is packed with enthusiastic volunteer board members. And later that month, committee members flock to your building to discuss the assignments for the year. But slowly, throughout the year, people stop coming. MORE >>
AARON WOLOWIEC | FRIDAY, MAY 25, 2012 [Engagement] Not just any top five list: Innovative and interactive learning formats according to you
Highlights of this presentation included advanced instructional strategies, successful transfer of learning activities, how to create an engaging onsite experience and contemporary adult learning principles. Throughout the morning, attendees engaged in four different idea swaps. It will make you think about learning – and how you engage with professional speakers – in a new way. Think outside of the meeting room – and know that the environment plays a significant role when it comes to creating a comfortable and engaging space to learn. Why is it hot? MORE >>
- [Engagement] Advice from the front line: Social technology, engagement and events AARON WOLOWIEC | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2012
- [Engagement] Enhance your online education strategy in 90 days AARON WOLOWIEC | MONDAY, APRIL 1, 2013
- [Engagement] 10 tactics to ensure your strategic plan addresses member learning AARON WOLOWIEC | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2012
- [Engagement] 18 tips for negotiating with speakers AARON WOLOWIEC | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2012
- [Engagement] What associations can learn from TV show “The Voice” and TV network QVC AARON WOLOWIEC | TUESDAY, APRIL 17, 2012
- [Engagement] Just two little words AARON WOLOWIEC | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2013
- [Engagement] Adult learning principles – and what makes them relevant AARON WOLOWIEC | MONDAY, MARCH 26, 2012
- [Engagement] What’s trending? AARON WOLOWIEC | TUESDAY, JUNE 25, 2013
- [Engagement] Extreme trends or the new normal? AARON WOLOWIEC | TUESDAY, JULY 9, 2013
- [Engagement] What my 60 year old father reminds us about Facebook AARON WOLOWIEC | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 27, 2012
- [Engagement] The great proposal debate: Why consultants eschew RFPs AARON WOLOWIEC | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2012
- [Engagement] To pay or not to pay? AARON WOLOWIEC | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2013
- [Engagement] No more burnout blues AARON WOLOWIEC | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2013
- [Engagement] Celebrating two years AARON WOLOWIEC | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2013
- [Engagement] Achieve more: How research should inform your association’s meetings strategy AARON WOLOWIEC | MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2012
- [Engagement] A new face, a new format and all things ORGPRO AARON WOLOWIEC | TUESDAY, JUNE 4, 2013
- [Engagement] Rolling out the ORGPRO 2013 welcome mat AARON WOLOWIEC | TUESDAY, JUNE 18, 2013
- [Engagement] What is the key to a successful event? (Hint: Engagement.) AARON WOLOWIEC | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2012
- [Engagement] Overcoming your fear of “messing up” AARON WOLOWIEC | MONDAY, MARCH 25, 2013
- [Engagement] The Meetings Report: Five game-changing tactics redefining education strategy and success AARON WOLOWIEC | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 2, 2013
- [Engagement] Achieve more: The art of collaboration AARON WOLOWIEC | WEDNESDAY, MAY 2, 2012
- [Engagement] What American Idol and Food Network Star teach associations about mentoring AARON WOLOWIEC | TUESDAY, JUNE 5, 2012
- [Engagement] “Final”: The one word that can ruin your presentation AARON WOLOWIEC | TUESDAY, JULY 31, 2012
- [Engagement] Practice what we preach: Breathing life into curated content AARON WOLOWIEC | FRIDAY, AUGUST 3, 2012
- [Engagement] The many hats of marketers AARON WOLOWIEC | TUESDAY, AUGUST 6, 2013
Association Universe can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.